Calgary

Calgary

Monday, November 21, 2016

1121/16 Group Email

Hi fam!

This week was full of miracles!! So something that was sweet.. we got a random call from a random number and it was LUIS! My recent convert from last October!! He is down in Tijuana right now and i don't know why, but he called me and wow it was amazing! It was sooo sweet to hear from him and talk to him. He is doing SO good and is getting his Patriarchal blessing, has a high calling, and is getting ready for the temple. It made my heart so happy <3

So on Saturday night we finished eating dinner and we decided to head over to this potencial's house.. Sergio. I had only met him a few times, but nothing had really come of it. So we went over.. he opened the door, let us in, and was DUMBFOUNDED that we were there! He said "literally a few hours ago, I left my house to get a pizza, and as I walked out the front door I thought 'what are the muchachas from the church doing right now? I haven't seen them in awhile' and now you are here!" It was the coolest thing! Seriously, his mind was blown. He told us that like 4 times throughout the visit.. so it was pretty cool! We were able to testify that we really are sent from the Lord and we are doing his work. We were all pretty pumped!

So we have an investigator, who's not progressing whatsoever and doesn't wanna meet with us.. BUT something cool happened! We got to an appt like 7 minutes early, so we decided to call her. We call her and she keeps saying "the missionaries, the missionaires, i met other missionaires! Here! talk to them" and hands off the phone.. we were all so confused because we had no clue what she was talking about.. then I hear an Elder start talking to me!! Turns out, right at the EXACT moment that we called her, she was walking up to her apartment with a heavy suitcase, and some Elders saw her and asked to help her and she said yes! It was nuts.. something like that has never happened on my mission! None of us knew the other Elders, but it was fun to talk to them and share that way crazy moment! then Margarita started talking to us again and she her mind was blown that we called her right then.. we were like "hermana, it is a sign!" she totally agreed. Don't think she'll progress though.. but that's okay haha it was still cool!

We ate dinner with the familia Reyes, Garcia, and Fernando and wow it was so fun. I love those people will all of my heart. They are amazing! They are all sooo funny and we seriously were all laughing the entire night. I felt like I was hanging out with my family. It was so fun! They are so close to my heart. It was cool though because the Garcia's just got baptized a couple weeks ago and during the dinner, all the recent converts just started testifying of how this is the true church! They said that the Elders sent missionaries to his family in Colombia, the missionaries found them, and his Mom went to church! And he kept saying how she felt so loved and that they did the exact same thing in that church that we do here in ours.. and wow it was awesome. We have some solid recent converts right now!

Well life is good! I love being a missionary. It really does make me so happy.. we were downtown street contacting and wow we met quite the lady who had quite the things to say.. and normally, I would've wanted to punch her (seriously though.. it was that bad what she was yelling at us) but we just walked away and it didn't even phase me! The Lord really is with us as we are out doing his work. I have learned so much and I learn more and more every day. This is the true gospel!

Loves!
Hermana Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment