Calgary

Calgary

Monday, August 24, 2015

8/24/15 Group Email

What's up mi familia y amigos! This week has been great! Canada is stunning... literally! THEIR SUNSETS ARE TO DIE FOR.  Ohhh my gosh, we were driving home the other night on the bus and half of the sky was bright pink with one giant wispy cloud, then the middle had all these dark little fluffy clouds, then the right side was bright orange!!! It was incredible. I didn't have my camera.. lo siento.. but wow I just sat and stared at the window because it was to die for. I love it here!! This week we got to go downtown woooot woooot. It was a good time! There are soooo many people from all over the world down there.  It's pretty cool!  We went down there to have lunch with a recent convert, who lives in one of the big buildings.  Oh.my.gosh. Oh my gosh the funniest thing of my life happened... so it's this little tiny old lady who lives by herself. After we had eaten, Hermana Allphin y yo decided that we were going to sing with her before we started our lesson.  We decided to sing I Stand All Amazed, because it's my fav song ever. So we started singing this hymn in Spanish and holy cow... this little old Spanish lady.... Couldn't sing the right tune, for the life of her.  I was soooo confused, because I had her tune, which was who knows where, in one ear, and then Hermana Allphins tune, which was the correct tune in the other. I didn't know who to follow, so I tried to follow along with the little old lady, but it wasn't working! We were all so confused.. and then, I GOT THE GIGGLES.  Hard core giggles.  I tried and tried and tried to hold it in,, but I couldn't. I finally burst, and then my companion burst too, because she'd been holding it in, and then the old lady burst! It was sooo funny.  So so so funny, and we tried to get through all four verses, but it was such a struggle! We left her house and once we were outside on the street, just died laughing! It was definitely a memory I'll never forget! The other night we were sitting on the bus and we spoke in complete Spanish the entire bus ride.. we didn't say a single English word.  Half way through our ride, a lady in front of us turned around and started talking to us in Spanish and asked if Spanish was our native language!!!! hahahahah NO but she was super impressed!! so we talked to her about the gospel for like forty five minutes and it was sweet and we're going to try and contact her later this week. She was my first person I gave a book of Mormon to.. it was so cool!! It snowed on Thursday... yep, SNOWED. Not the snow that sticks, but it was definitely snowing. Gotta love Canada, ojala winter doesn't start in the next few weeks... ah! I spoke yesterday in sacrament.. sobre arrepentimiento.  Killed it, except I was just lost by the end and I said "in the name of jesus Christ, our savior and brother, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." hahah.. embarrassed. But oh well, I felt like I did dece throughout the rest of it!  But yep, it's been going just great out here! Love all these cute Spanish people I teach, they're from all over the world, and love this beautiful Spanish language! Definitely frustrating at times, but then other times I feel the gift of tongues like crazy! Thanks for all the prayers and letters, you guys are lo major :) 
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment