Calgary

Calgary

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

8/5/15 Group Email

HOLA! Oh my goodness, President Russell M Nelson came last night and spoke to us and it was amazingggg!!! Beyond amazing.  The instant he walked in and we all stood - boom, instant tears because the spirit was SO FUERTE! It was so cool and wow just such an incredible spiritual rejuvenation.. perfect to head off into the field! Ah I'm still loving it here, more than anything! This week was so good, it flew by and now I'm having my last pday in the mtc.. ah what! So many mixed emotions, so excited to get out and see Canada and meet the people and start speaking Spanish, but I'm not ready to leave mis amigos here and to start over.. ah! It'll all work out and I'm super excited for my next adventure!  I finished el Libro de Mormon yesterday.. July 4th to August 4th, which is twenty-ish pages a day. Now if I can read 20 + pages sometimes in a different language.. you all can read one chapter a day! It was such an amazing experience and I learned so much it's insane! I got my travel plans this week and I'm heading out on Tuesday morning at 5:30! It's only a two hour flight, which I'm thankful. Some of mis amigos aquí have to fly for days! So the two hour flight is perfect time! I'm so excited! I'm ready to go out and meet real life people and go outside of these mtc gates. It'll be so cool!! I'm super excited of where I'm going because I'll get to know so many different Hispanic cultures! If I were going to one place in South America, I'd only get that culture.. but because I'll be teaching immigrants, I'll be teaching from all over the world! My teacher told me that the other day and it got me pumped!  Nothing much different to report on.. sand volleyball cada día con mi distrito.. classroom for 98% of the day.  Killer meetings, devotionals, testimony meetings, lessons.  It's all so great and I love this work so so much.  I can't wait to report back to you while I'm in CANADA!!!

Con todo mí amor,
Hermana Dean

Oh ps my companion woke up the other night and said that I was sleep talking.. IN SPANISH.  I've officially made it to "that point", where I think and dream in Spanish sometimes, loco!

No comments:

Post a Comment