Calgary

Calgary

Monday, September 14, 2015

9/14/15 Group Email

Wow this week was so good! The mission really is so amazing and I'm so blessed to have this opportunity to be here.  We picked up three new investigators, which is incredible! We now are teaching five progressing investigators and it is amazing. I love teaching these people. They are from all over the world and they have the sweetest hearts.  Last Sunday, as we were in Relief Society, which is a very, very small class, in walks in Presidente Soares of the Seventy. He knows Presidente Haco in our ward and was here in Calgary so he came and shared us a message in Spanish and it was amazing! So that was General Authority #1.. Then on Thursday we had a conference with Elder Martino of the Seventy, who gave us such good adivce and I chatted with him in Spanish and it was so cool! So two General Authorities in one week, really amazing. They both got me pumped for this work!  Every Sunday we have dinner with the sweetest family... la familia Morales. Weeks ago, we happened to choose their name on the list, go up to their house, and they were home.  They are less active and we have been working with them from the beginning.  Last night, as I was sitting in this tiny kitchen, surrounded by this sweet family I've come to love so much, I felt the happiest I have probably felt on my mission. My heart was wanting to explode with joy.  They had lost their way, and throughout our visits, sharing countless messages with them, giving them the push to start coming to church, they have "the light" in their eyes again. And it was so strong last night. I was so happy! So so happy, reactivating a family is the best feeling in the world :)  I went to my first baptism here! It was of two kids who my companion taught before I got here, they are sweethearts and it was really amazing to experience! Our five investigators are doing so so well and we have TONS of lessons set up this week.. the work here in Foothills, Canada is BOOMING and I love every second of it.  The Hispanic people here are so ready to hear our message and it is the most rewarding feeling ever to teach them, in the beautiful Spanish language.   This week we met with all the Spanish missionaries up here in Canada, Calgary.  There are four sisters and twelve elders. I am so overwhelmed with the amazing opporunity I have to be here in this Spanish program, it's such a small program, and we have lots of work to do, but it's so amazing. The Hispanic people here are my family and they are the most loving people I have ever met.  I love having the opportunity to teach in Spanish because it forces me to teach so simply.. it's really so amazing.  Well this week has been so incredible and I am so excited to experience this next week, hopefully all of our lessons pull through and we get some people on date! Have a good week and look por los milagros en cada momento :) 
Con mucho Amor
Hermana Dean

PS feliz uno ano a Elder Ellis en Guatemala esta semana.. woot woot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment