Calgary

Calgary

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

9/22/15 Group Email

Hola! This week was such a good one! Pretty much every week is a good one out here, but this week was awesome.  Soo many miracles but I'm going to focus on Saturday - We were on exchanges and I stayed in Spanish mode, so I pretty much had a comp that couldn't do much, because she doesn't speak Spanish.  The entire day was just filled with little miracles, but the best one was our lesson we had that night with Catherine and her family.  We ate dinner with a sweet family in our ward, it was Independence Day in Chile so we had tons and tons of Emepeñadas which were so yummy, and then we headed over to this less active's house that we had an appointment set up with.  We found the house and probably the sweetest family ever! It's this young couple that has a 2 year old and they are just the cutest! They also had their Sister over there named Catherine.  So they invited us in, they fed us some cake (Hispanics love to feed us.. so much food) and we started the lesson.  They spoke English because they wanted my comp to understand, so Lesson 1 - The Restauracion, was pretty much in all English.  We started talking about the story of Joseph Smith and I only the first vision memorized in Spanish, so I went into Spanish mode. And oh my goodness, after I finished telling the story, the spirit was probably one of the strongest I have ever felt in my life, and espeically on my mission! I've shared the first vision soooo many times, but wow something about this particular time, it was so powerful.  So then, the husband starts talking in Spanish to his wife, cueing her to translate him because his English isn't super good.  Well the wife points at me and says "She speaks Spanish tell her" and I understood EVERY SINGLE WORD he said! Every word! He was going off about how he's Catholic, his wife is Mormon, he tried our church but didn't like it and was just going off about all these doubts.. and I understood it all! Once he finished telling me this huge long story, I had no idea what to say.  I was at a loss of how to help his problema.  But I instantly turned to the last two P in the introduccion and had them read it.  WHICH, because I opened up those paragraphs, his wife and the wife's sister started telling this incredible story about how their Dad got converted. He did exactly what Joseph Smith did, went literally into a grove of trees and prayed, and had this light over come him and tell him that La iglesia de Jesucrist de los santos de los ultimos dias es la verdada iglesia.  So they shared this incredible experience with us and the spirit was soooo strong oh my! And then the wife just started bawling about how she loves the church but it's so hard to go without her husband, and all this stuff! And it was SO SPIRITUAL.  And then we ended with our testimonies and it was amazing. And then to top it all off... The sister, Catherine, that happened to be there for the lesson, is the less active my companion I was on exchanges with for that night, she has been looking for FOR MONTHS.  She's incharge of the YSA ward in the area and hasn't been able to find this Catherine Cortez but she was there at the lesson with us! And after we left the lesson we were freaking out we were so excited!! Holy miracle!" I was soo exhausted after that lesson because the spirit was SO incredibly strong.  I know know know with all my heart that the gift of tongues is so incredibly real.  When I needed to understand the Spanish, I understood every word.  And when I needed to speak in Spanish, I spoke.  And I knew exactly what to say and share and it was incredible. Such a strong testimony builder that even though Spanish is hard to understand, when the Lord needs me to know what is being said, he tells me! IT WAS THE COOLEST EXPERIENCE and we're going back to teach their family this week :) 
That' just one of my stories this week, there were tons! I absolutely love this mission.  Canada, Calgary speaking Spanish is exactly where I need to be and I wouldn't trade this opportunity for the world.  Thank you for everything! Les amo con todo mi corazon y me encanta esta mision
Amor,
Hermana Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment