Calgary

Calgary

Monday, February 22, 2016

02/22/16 Group Email

This week was great! The weather has been super super warm, which has been fun! I already miss the snow though and hopefully we'll get another storm or two before Spring stays. 
This week we had interviews with President, which was really good. He is just the greatest man! He and Hermana Miles came to our ward on Sunday, which was super fun! They loved the Spanish people and even though they told me they didn't understand a word they could feel the spirit very strongly.  We had a meeting afterward with the six missinoaries, he and his wife, the stake president, and Obispo, which was really cool! We talked about how everything's going and Obispo Gonzalez shed a couple tears while he was telling personal missinoary stories, the spirit was very powerful.  Right before President Miles closed he promised us missionaries that we will never have another Bishop during our missions that is as Missionary Minded as Obispo Gonzalez is, which was pretty cool to hear. I love love love the ward I'm serving in, the people are all so amazing and I'm so lucky to call them all my family.

All six of us missionaries ate dinner en la casa de la family Fernando and as always was so much fun.  The elders brought their investigator who's getting baptized in Marzo and we all watched the Jose Smith pelicula which was really cool. I was crying like a baby by the end... it is just the saddest movie ever! Joseph Smith is THE MAN- definitely the rock of my testimony

We had a lesson with our two investigators, Lucy and Cindy who are from Colombia.  They live in the East, which we cover if they are women.  So we taught them two lessons and the last lesson the husband was there.  So it's time to pass them off to the East Spanish Elders, which will be sad, but they will do a great job.  The Husband was taught all the lessons in Ecuador and was super good friends with the Elders.  He told us he had a baptism date but it never happened.  He basically knows everything about the church and he's pretty golden! So hopefully when we pass them off to the Elders on Wednesday we can talk about a for sure baptism date!! 

Everything is going so good! Bryan, our recent convert, is doing awesome.  Last night for class of english we played Basta! which is kind of like scattegories.  It was suuuuuper super fun - i definitley miss playing games! He's doing great though and we have had some amazing lessons in the past couple weeks.  

I love love love being a missionary. It's the greatest thing I've ever done.  A decision I will never regret! The things I have learned out here... indescribable.  I love you and pray for you ALL every night (which makes my nightly prayers very long.... but I do it because I love you) have an amazing week!
Abrazitos - 
Hermana Dean 

No comments:

Post a Comment