Calgary

Calgary

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

12/27/16 Group Email

Hermana Dean comes home tomorrow at 7:45 pm (Delta flight 2229 terminal 2 from Seattle).  We are so unbelievably excited to see her!  :) Her homecoming will be January, 8th at 10:50 am @ 4100 So. Camille Dr. (2480 east)... behind Olympus High School.  Thank you so much for following her mission journey with us!  She has done an amazing job serving the sweet latino people in Calgary.  We are so proud of her!!!



Hey fam!


Wow it has been the most amazing week. I love Christmas! It was so beautfiul to have my last week out here with it being Christmas. We worked sooo hard and it was one of the best weeks of my mission. At sacrament meeting, we were up on the stand and were in the choir. The moment consisted of us singing Christmas hymns and an Hermano reading from Lucas 2. Once we sang the last hymn and sat down, I looked out at the members and saw a couple of things: Hno Acosta was looking up at the ceiling with tears streaming down his cheeks, Eva and Obispo locked eyes and were looking at each other in the most sweetest way, and Hno Mejia had two of his children leaning on his chest and looked so so happy. I then closed my eyes and the pianist started playing "O Holy Night". It was a very powerful song and she was playing it with so much emotion. I can honestly say, that is the strongest I have ever felt the spirit. Right in that moment, my entire body felt heat and the spirit was soooo strong in that room. The Savior was there. As I sat there listening to that song, I couldnt' help but cry. It was incredible and really strengthened my testimony. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I can't deny it. It has been such an honor to be here in Calgary, searching for the Spanish people. I have learned sooo much here and I am a different person. I lived every day of my mission with no regrets and I"ve been able to see the fruits of my labor. It was hard, but I am so happy. I am so content with the service I have given. I know that the Lord is pleased with me, he has blessed me with so much. I wouldn't trade this past year and a half for anything. Being able to open my mouth and testify of Jesus Christ has brought me so much joy. I will forever remember my mission and the many people who have touched me and changed my life. Thank you for your support! Missions are great and everyone who can should serve! It's something you would never ever regret. Love you all! See you tomorrow!


Hermana Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment