Calgary

Calgary

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

10/13/15 Group Email

This week was a good one!! Yesterday was Thanksgiving.. who the heck knew that Canada had that holiday in October rather than November?! I was so excited to get Turkey... but nope, tacos tacos tacos. Gotta love the Mexican food :) Last week we got another Investigator on date for baptism!! His name is Louis and he's from Mexico.  We've taught him four lessons in a short two weeks, he is as our Bishop said "un investigador de oro"! He just loves the gospel and wants to learn everything about it.  I was able to ask him what he was thinking about baptism and when he wanted to be baptized and he said "how about tomorrow?" Ah it was so the best! So he is getting baptized on the 24 of octubre.. it's coming up quick! He attended church yesterday for the first time. It was amazing to see him. He walked out the front door in his white shirt and tie, holding his book of Mormon under his arm. He had the biggest smile on his face and looked so happy! Everyone in the Branch immediately introduced themselves to him and he made instant friends.  Latinos are the best people to be friends with, they just love everyone.  I sat next to him during sacrament meeting.  The closing song was Grand Eres Tu, How Great Thou Art, only my favorite song ever.  The lyrics are sooo beautiful.  I noticed he hadn't been singing and I was kinda wondering why.  Well we said Amen after the closing oracion and we turned and looked at each other and his eyes were just full of tears.  All he could say was "muy bontia" AHH it was amazing! I just wanted to wrap my arms around him and say welcome home! He loved every second of church and all he wants is to receive the Holy Ghost. It's such a good reminder to always remember that we have the gift of the holy ghost.  It's such a powerful gift and we need to always use it!  I'm loving the work up here in Canada, Calgary.  We had the opportunity to go into the mountains last week and do a hike and wow I'm blown away and this beautiful country that I'm serving in.  It is beautiful here and I am so lucky! Have a good week!

Con cariƱo
Hermana Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment