Calgary

Calgary

Monday, October 26, 2015

10/26/15 Group Email

Ah this week flew by.. so stressful, but so amazing! On Saturday, Luis was baptized!!! We met him for the first time September 25 and on October 24 he was baptized! It was the most stressful day ever.. but wow it was the most rewarding as well.  So many members of the Branch came to support him.  The meeting was so good.  So incredibly spiritual.  He was so excited! After he got baptized, he came up out the water just glowing.  He looked right at us and gave us a little thumbs up and smiled.  Then he came out and bore his testimony.  He turned and basically gave his soul over to Hermana Allphin and I.. I definitely had tears rolling down my cheeks.  It was so powerful and wow to see how I've helped him in his life and taught him about the church, and how thankful he is.. it was incredible.  A moment I will never forget.  He then got the Holy Ghost yesterday in Sacrament.  Amazing as well! AND the family he lives with.. long story short: he lives with a Mexican family, the Galvans, who are less active in the English ward, but speak fluent Spanish.  THEY CAME TO CHURCH WITH HIM! All of them!! It was amazing!! They haven't been to church in forever.  It was so cool! Another family I've grown close with.  Then after Sacrament, Hermana Allphin and I had to teach Gospel principles on the spot, so that was fun haha. Gift of tongues is real! Our Investigator Leila, who has a baptism date for this saturday, came to church and stayed ALL three hours!! So that was incredible as well.  She was just glowing by the end of the day.  The weekend was very stressful, but man when it was all over, I've never felt happier! The work is going so well up here in Canada.  Who knew that there really ARE people here in Canada, who speak spanish, that are looking for the gospel! I know this call was given to me from Heavenly Father and I'm exactly where I need to be.  Missionary work is what truly has made me happy.  Stressful, oh man beyond stressful, but it is so worth it at the end.    I just found out I'm getting transferred up to the Ward.  So in Calgary, there are two congregations that speak Spanish.  The Branch, which is where I've been for the past two and a half months, and then the Ward. I'm heading up to the Ward... definitely a shock when we found that out.  Upset, not going to lie, but I know I'm meant to go where the Lord wants me.  New adventure in store and I'm ready! Thanks for all your support! I love you all and have a fantastic week!

Con cariƱo,
Hermana Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment