Calgary

Calgary

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

07/18/16 Group Email

Hi family! Wow! What an INCREDIBLE week. Seriously, the miracles were just rollin in! So on Friday we were able to bring Alex to a baptism! It was awesome! He loved it and totally felt the spirit.. we are still working with him, but he is definitely progressing! Last night we had a lesson with him and he wanted us to talk to his parents IN COLOMBIA. It was soooo cool we got to skype them and talked with them for awhile. It was the coolest thing ever! At first his Mom was just going off on this rant about her church she attends and all these weird experiences she's had, but then out of nowhere she was telling us how much Alex needs our church and how she is hoping that we are teaching him to pray and read his scriptures. It was so cool. And then, his Dad walks in and Alex says "Hey Dad have you read the book of mormon that I sent you? Read it, it will take away all of your doubts." Holy! My mouth dropped! Because Alex has sooo many doubts, and he's pretty quiet when it comes to him telling us when his doubts have been taken away. It was amazing and his parents told us that we can send missionaries to their house! Soooo cool. We then ended the lesson by teaching him about Prophets. We showed him a picture of President Monson and all the 12 and 70 and then watched "Decisions" (watch it!) and just basically explained how everything is run. He is really excited to look up more conference talks. He told us that we have changed the way that he thinks. We have helped him look at the more important things in life. Ahh when he told us that it made me so happy :) I love being a missionary.
We picked up a new investigator this week!!!! We were driving up from the south and I had an impression to heart attack a lady in our ward's door. I wasn't going to follow it.. but I did haha. Because of that, Hermana Schnebs got relevation that we should stop by a referral. So we did andddd we got it!! We taught the Restoration to a sweet 15 year old girl named Vanessa, from Peru. She is amazing! Seriously, such a doll! It was suuuuch a spiritual lesson and she was loving every word. As we were teaching, Hermana Amaller testifed of how she has opened up the book and has recieved an answer she was looking for. I then got the most overwhelming feeling to have her open the book, pick a random verse, and read it. I was soooo nervous haha I was praying so hard! "heavenly father, I trust in the book of mormon and I trust you, but please please help her pick a good verse!" It took SO MUCH FAITH. BUT, I did it. I had her open the book. She read Alma 26:24.. which I was nervous there at the beginning, but then I got a feeling to talk about the plan of salvation. I asked her if she knew anybody who had died and she told me yes and I was able to testify of the plan that we have. It was quite the experience, one that I will never forget. Such a leap of faith, but the Lord backed me up 100%!
So the family in our ward, the Pavons, have their niece from Mexico living up here with them. We met her last week and wow she is amazing. We were best friends from the start! She is awesome and cool. She isn't really investigating the church, because she works on Sunday, but we really feel like we can have an impact on her. She is 19 and was so excited when she found out we were around her age. So, we went up and visited her at work, Mucho Burrito, and it was the best thing ever. She was soooo excited to see us. Her face lit up when we walked in! She is so cute and we have high hopes for her!
This work is true! I love being here. We have sooo many miracles. The biggest miracle of all is seeing people change and seeing how this missinoary work brings them happiness in their life. I love it here! We went hiking and wow I was amazed. Canada is so beautiful! Have a good week!


Hermana Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment