Calgary

Calgary

Monday, November 23, 2015

11/23/15 Group Email

This week was full of a ton of little miracles.. The hands of the Lord are everywhere! 

---First off, we had parked our car and were about to say the prayer, when a man gets out of the car parked in front of us who looked Latino.  We got out and started following, to find out where he lives (the stalker side of Missionaries is unreal, especially when you're serving in Canada trying to find people who speak Spanish).  We finally were walking through this neighborhood and I just had the instinct to yell at him.. haha.. so I yelled "Excuse me?!" And he walked over and said he didn't speak any English and was from Colombia...:) So we contacted him and did the whole shpeel. He was pretty interested! I asked him what he was doing over in this part of town and he said he was visiting his friends who are ALSO from Colombia...:) It was such a miracle!! I've learned I just need to open my mouth, even if it means yelling all the way across the street. We went back to that Colombian's house and it was an investigator that had been taught by the other elders before.  He told us he was getting ready, he and his family, to leave for Colombia for vacation.  We asked him when and he said "esta noche" I almost died! We knocked on his door, the exact same day his family was leaving, hours before their flight.  He needed to hear our message, and hopefully he'll read the Book of Mormon on the flight, like I challenged him too!
---This past week I was called a: Doll, Barbie, and a Butterfly  haha
---After we did Zone finding we were sooo cold and so tired so we went to Tim Hortons (doughnut shop place) and one of our members happened to be buying her food right as we walked in and she bought us hot chocolate and it was the best thing ever! The Lord knows where we are and he sends angels :)
---The Quebec Montreal temple was dedicated yesterday, so we got to watch it. It was amazing and President Eyring is the most inspiring man. As we were driving up to the dedication, we saw a man and three little boys, all dressed in suits, pushing a mini van out of the middle of the intersection. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen! We pulled over and it was the Bishop and his family from one of the wards in our Stake. We were able to give his wife a ride up to the dedication, and she told us they all prayed to make it to the meeting on time, and how we were the angels sent to them! 
---Last night, we were going to go visit a less active family. We didn't have our ward list so we called the Elders to give us the address to the Muniz family... We drive all the way down to this address and go up to the door.  The completely active, family Munoz answer.. They had given us the wrong address! But it's okay because as we walked in, I saw my recent convert LEILA SITTING THERE! It was the best thing ever!!!! I was so excited to see her!! But yeah, they were in the middle of a party, so we went in and were just going to give them a message... BUT Latinos love to eat.  So they gave us this huge plate of rice and bananas and meat and a bean soup.  It was all good! We shared a message, which Hermana Munoz started crying and told us how she needed that message and we were an answer to her prayers. It was super spiritual!  We get in the car and Hermana says... We have to eat dinner in seven minutes... yep, we double dinnered.  I've never eaten so much food and I was going to explode by the time we got in the car. We get fed SO MUCH HERE IT"S CRAZY.
---Another story involving food.. haha, we had lunch with a sweet old lady from Guatemala.  She came out with three HUGE plates of: beans, chicken, pasta, and this crazy funky bright bright bright pink weird stuff. It was a mound of it.. We started eating, and oh man... It tasted like olives and pickles combined, which are my two least favorite foods ever! I got through a good portion of it, by eating it along with the pasta. I kept praying and praying to just help me get through this.  The old lady got up to leave and fill up our cups, and Hermana and I at the same time, take this nasty pink food, dump it into our napkins and put it in our bag. I have never had to hold in my laughter so much! I was going to burst, I had to laugh so badly!! It was sooo funny and when we left, we went to dump it into the garbage and it had spilled all over Hermana's things in her bag and turned it bright pink. I was dying, it was so funny :)

Overall this week was really good! I saw the Lord's hands in so many things.  We have two investigators that are doing alright, could be better. We've been working with a lot of less actives, which has been really cool. I love this work! I love the Latino people that live in Calgary, and I wouldn't want to be serving anywhere else! The mission is a huge adventure, full of serving others and preaching the gospel. I love it!
 
Happy thanksgiving!! 
Con amor,
Hermana Dean 

No comments:

Post a Comment