Calgary

Calgary

Monday, December 28, 2015

12/28/15 Group Email

Ah my heart is so full.  Christmas was UNREAL up here in Canada.  Words can't even describe how much I love these people and being a missionary.  This last week started off amazing with our Christmas Mission party.  It is always so much fun to see all my mission friends and to hear from President and Sister Miles.  We had an amazing dinner and devotional.  President Miles gave us all Books of Mormon and said that as an entire mission, we are going to start on Christmas Day and finish it on Easter.  It has been so fun reading it from the beginning, and where I am reading it in Spanish.   
My companion was pretty sick on the days surrounding Christmas, so we were inside all day Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  Which was awesome for me because I got to wear my sweatshirt and sweats all day and study! I read the entire book of Mateo and wow... so amazing.  It was so incredible and my testimony has been strengthening more and more with every chapter I read.  By the end, in Mateo 26-27 I was crying when I read the verses of his Disciples denying him. The spirit was super strong as I finished up that book, and I'm excited to continue reading the rest of the New Testament!
Christmas Day, as we drove around from visit to visit, it was -22 outside... FREEZING... but with all the people we would see outside, I would roll down my window and we would scream "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" and wave. Hahaha it was the best thing ever! You can get away with doing stuff like that when you're a missionary :) 
We visited the family Perez.. my favorite couple in the world.  We were supposed to spend Christmas Day with them, but they were too sick, so we surprise visited them and sang carols at their door (I bawled... haha I'm such a baby) But the spirit was really strong and Hermana Perez was crying as well. It made me realize that that is what Christmas is all about!
Skyping was so much fun! It was good to see the fam and hear your voices. These last 6 months have flown by though... I feel like I was just with you! 

Well the work is going oh so good and I'm loving my time here.  We were sooooo very loved this past week, especially with having Hermana Ratliff sick.  We got tons of presents and visits and everyone told us if we needed anything, we could call them.  I just love the people up here and I know I'm exactly where I need to be :)
Abrazos y besos
Hermana Dean 

No comments:

Post a Comment